Homepreneurs is receiving many emails about making fast cash from working at home. The vast majority of these are scams, despite claims of featured on news stations, CNN, Oprah and any other talk show. We’ve blogged in the past about common work at home scams listed by the FBI. These bogus claims are difficult to verify but there are some general rules to follow:
- Emails often arrive from relatives and friends. These are often Malware and usually the result of a Malware infection. Friends often don’t know these emails are even sent from their mailboxes.
- Claims about making money right away or huge amounts a week. Think about it: if earning big money was that easy, wouldn’t everyone be doing it?
- Don’t ever sign up using your credit card information online and put your personal information at risk.
- Don’t pay ahead for promised materials or web training sessions. If a company hires you, they will pay for training. Federal law, at least in the USA.
- Don’t think you are the exception. Yes, there are plenty of legitimate work at home jobs, but these will provide steady, modest income. Be skeptical of any outrageous claims about making fast money in a difficult economy.
Examples of questionable claims:
“Here is the business that you can start with minimal investment from $25 only. You will earn 7% daily on all your investment.”
“Join me – get $100 Fee – Can’t lose.”
“Have a look at my latest videos on … earns you 7% daily from Monday to Friday or 154% in 30 day…”
Really? These are but a few examples of claims I see on a daily basis. Homepreneurs has never claimed that any our job ideas will make you a millionaire overnight. They won’t. We provide ideas for working from home with legitimate companies and home business suggestions.
From Scambook.com, here are companies reported to use questionable tactics:
- Home Profit Web
- Home Cash Access
- Web Education Members
- Home Income Cash Machine
- Pro Advantage 90
Nothing promised from these companies is actually delivered and one has to use a credit card to get the promised materials YOU WILL NEVER RECEIVE! Good luck getting your money refunded form this scam company.
Working from home or having your own home business is wonderful and definitely doable. As with any business or job, you will likely earn more by researching the position and working hard. Please take a look at the many opportunities we suggest on Homepreneurs; one may just turn into a solid income for you.
By Dion D. Shaw
Dion D. Shaw if the founder and owner of Homepreneurs
Homepreneurs. New Day. New Opportunity.
Homepreneurs does not endorse nor have any relationships with any of the services listed. Homepreneurs receives no compensation or consideration for its suggestions. Homepreneurs strongly urges all interested parties to conduct research and accepts no responsibility for any losses incurred.
© Homepreneurs 2010 – 2012, All Rights Reserved