Elance.com is a great Internet site for freelance work. Elance has jobs in many areas from customer service to project management and finance. Applying for and getting freelance jobs is a simple 5-step process:
1) Create a free profile with skills, work experience, and portfolio, if appropriate.
2) Find perfect jobs: Businesses invite you to submit proposals for jobs. Simply respond with your offer (you’ll find lots of tips) and get hired (from elance.com)
3) Collaborate online: Use collaboration tools to share work-in-progress and ensure milestones are met (from elance.com)
4) Get paid: concentrate on the job and elance will handle billing and paperwork. Elance.com guarantees payment.
5) Pay a small fee: Elance adds an 8.75% service fee to your quote. When work is delivered and payment is made, we deduct our commission and transfer the rest of the money to you. The client pays a fee too (from elance.com)
A list of categories for elance.com jobs: