Suggestions for making money on the side by Rizwan Aseem as found on Quora.com. Content is largely as presented in the original post with edits for grammar and clarity.
- Go knock on your neighbors’ doors and ask them if you can mow their lawn / clean their snow for $10 – repeat each week
- Find all the things in your house or garage that you don’t use – then sell them on ebay.
- Talk to your neighbors and offer to clean their garage – when you`re doing it, find stuff that`s old and dusty and ask them if you can fix the items or sell it for them on ebay, for a percentage of profit, of course.
- Talk to the restaurants and small businesses in town and ask them if they`d like to have a social media presence. Create a FB page, Twitter, and Wikipedia profile for them and charge them $100 per location (or appropriate cost) to maintain the sites.
5. Find 5 kids in school who are struggling to get good grades and ask if you can tutor them. Set up a group after school and charge them (or parents) for the service. You may need to have specific qualifications or certifications to do this – check with your local governments.
6. Contact the local newspapers in your town and ask them if they want a column on `The Havoc Social Media Creates In The Everyday Life Of A Teenager’. Then talk to kids in school and ask then about social media – what they love or hate. *Social media does not need to be basis of the column – this is only one suggestion.*
9. Have a conversation with kids in high school / college. Ask them about the biggest problem / frustration they have in life and the ideal outcome for them. Write a 30 page eBook about the problem/solution. Publish this book on Amazon or Smashwords, changing names to protect people.