After getting laid off from a senior engineering job last year, Marc Karell launched a consulting business from his home in Mamaroneck, N.Y. But before he landed a single client, the unemployment benefits he had been relying on to make ends meet came to a sudden halt.
The reason: He established his venture, Climate Change & Environmental Services, as a limited liability company, or LLC.
Subscribe to Homepreneurs via Email
- Printable Accounting Cheat Sheet
- Companies Actively Hiring People with Disabilities
- Can I afford to start a business?
- Best Money Making Websites for Beginners and Experts
- Make Money Online
- Generating Business Ideas
- Business Idea for Winter
- Business Idea Tablet Repair
- Amazon Affiliate Failure
- How To Use Autoresponders To Build Your Internet Business