Computer installation and repair is a great home business, whether in an urban, suburban or rural area. As a consultant, you will travel to houses and businesses to remove viruses, install a new switch or upgrade computers. Network installation and configuration is also a common task for the computer consultant. As a computer consultant, you will need to know general hardware, software, and network terms and options. Knowing local Internet Service Providers (ISP) is valuable; many calls to clients will involve configuring networks. You will also be asked for recommendations for cost-effective products and solutions. Good knowledge of the industry makes you a valuable and trustworthy resource. Excellent customer service is also very important in this field. Be able to speak at the level of the customer and don’t confuse or embarrass them with highly technical terms.
Subscribe to Homepreneurs via Email
- Companies Actively Hiring People with Disabilities
- Publish eBooks for Kindle – Step by Step
- Make Money Online
- 15 Ways to Earn Extra Money With Low to No Startup Costs
- BRB and LOL and ROTFL? WTF? A Look at IM Abbreviations
- Start a Home Based Freelance Writing Business
- $0 to 1,000,000 - Possible?
- The Printable Excel Cheat Sheet
- Are Foreclosures a Good Option for You?