What is the Internet? The origins of the Internet reach back to research of the 1960s, commissioned by the United States government to build robust, fault-tolerant, and distributed computer networks. Simplified, the Internet is a series of computers, data packets, cabling, and programming. You type in a request for a website and somehow – after a slight delay – you receive pictures, videos, text or whatever you asked for. But how does the Internet really work? Below is a quick and educational video on how the webpage you requested shows up on your computer. Very cool. This is appropriate for anyone, children included.
Subscribe to Homepreneurs via Email
- Companies Actively Hiring People with Disabilities
- Publish eBooks for Kindle – Step by Step
- Make Money Online
- 15 Ways to Earn Extra Money With Low to No Startup Costs
- BRB and LOL and ROTFL? WTF? A Look at IM Abbreviations
- Start a Home Based Freelance Writing Business
- $0 to 1,000,000 - Possible?
- The Printable Excel Cheat Sheet
- Are Foreclosures a Good Option for You?